September 23 2010
Today, we had the first meeting for ICAM 160 class. We briefly planned out the weekly schedual, and set some goals for the end of fall quarter.
September 23~30 2010
During the week, we were asked to do a project proposal and did research towards our project.
In my plan, I want to make something with a 3D interface, so that the users could simple put on the 3D glasses and feel the different layers from the monitor.
Since most of the opearting systems and programs are written in 2D environment, it is hard to create the 3D environment for my projects. So the easiest way to have my idea applied is using multi-cameras to capture the real world environment.
Before going any further into 3D interface desin, I should first start to learn how 3D images work.
Here is link that really explains 3D technology:
September 30 2010
Today, we had second meeting in class, everyone presented their idae of the project and we discussed a little about it. I was really inspried by a group of doing GPS based games. The resson why I think this is interesting is because the GPS could bring game into the physical world. Players don't need to sit in front of computers to join the game. They can actually move their bodys and experience the reality and vitural world at the same time.
For my project, I found a partner which has a similar idea with me. She wants to create an education software based on camera control.
So we both have our projects have something to do with camera, why dont we joint out thoughts together.
No comments:
Post a Comment